Monday, August 22, 2011

New Apartment Vignettes: Book Cart

I just finished some major apartment decorating projects, and I'd thought I'd share them with you all since I'm so proud of my work. I've never put this much thought, effort, time, creativity into decorating my space at college before - so I'm happy to share my labors of love. I'm by no means a professional and will always need to improve, but I'm pleasantly satisfied with the outcome.

Today I'm sharing my book cart makeover. I started with this bad boy:

A standard chrome book cart from Amazon.com. Only $30! I knew I wanted something with more of a bar cart feel (OBSESSED), so I scooped this up since it was on sell and would be a good base.

So throw in some gold paint - painted it two times since I was unhappy with the first gold I bought and some decorating....

And I ended up with this:

 I think the gold is much softer than the silver and much more boho-glam (I've decided this is my aesthetic).  On top I've put my jewelry box (an Urban Outfitters find) and my new blue and white vase and flowers seen here. I've also hung my rose rosary, it smells wonderful and I like to be reminded of my spirituality. I'm still on the hunt for some candles and other knick knacks to fill the shelves.


I've stacked my favorite books (notice the Official Preppy Handbook?) on the lower shelves,  as well as an old photo of my brother and me.

So, what do you guys think? It's definitely an improvement from the normal black bookshelf I usually purchase, and I love how the gold makes the shelf ornamental as well as functional. Can't wait to show you all some more new apartment updates! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Such a good idea!!! The silver is way harsh but the gold looks great! Also, love your new look on your blog! I desperately need a blog makeover!! :p Hope your Monday was superb! :)

    ReplyDelete