Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Getaway: Hotel Valley Ho

Since it's the end of my first full week back in Arizona, I thought this Sunday Getaway should take us to my own backyard of Scottsdale, Arizona. The Valley Ho is an amazing historic hotel right in the middle of Scottsdale's eats, sights, and fun with a very cool retro vibe. Hotel Valley Ho's decor is mid century modern and very Rat-Pack cool, so all you design-philes out there are sure to love it as much as I do.

{The hotel in the late 1950s}
{The pool in the 1950s}
{The pool today. Still a very chic place to get a tan and people watch with a cocktail in hand}
{Outdoor bar perfect for sipping a martini, a la Don Draper}
{The original lobby}
{The 21st century lobby still feels straight out of the swinging 50s and 60s}
{Another amazing guest room. Would love to have a staycation here}
{Enjoy your stay, my friends - and try not to go too gaga over the mid-century amazingness!}

No comments:

Post a Comment