Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Meet me at the Met

How lovely would it have been to be at the Met Ball in fabulous New York with fabulous people last night instead of swamped in homework. This marketing paper has me getting very well acquainted with Harry Potter consumers and I have a Harry hangover.


via Lolcats
I loved MOST of the gowns at the Met Ball, but sometimes I can't bring myself to like some of the more fashion-forward looks. I tend to more timeless, Old Hollywood, looks with a twist or bit of modern oomph. Here are my favorites below, which ones were you DY-ING over?


via Fabsugar

Emma Roberts in Michael Kors (love the peekabo cutout, yet still ladylike feel), Isla Fisher in Tory Burch, Maggie Gyllenhaal in Stella McCartney (lots of silver and gold sequined dresses abound, but Maggie's blue hue made her stand out), and Chanel Iman looking sophisticated in Dolce and Gabbana.

And for good measure here is my imaginary gay best friend Andy Cohen looking dapper with Carrie Bradshaw, I mean SJP.
via

Which looks were your faves? Are any of my best dressed major "don'ts"?

No comments:

Post a Comment